Reference Number 24455
Position Title Resident Medical Officers (Wards)
Employment Type Temporary Full Time
Division Hawkesbury Hospital
Award Hawkesbury Health Services Enterprise Agreement
Classification Resident Medical Officer 38 Hours
Salary Dependent on qualifications
Hours per Fortnight 76.00
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Hawkesbury District Health Service is a teaching hospital in Northwest Sydney, Australia providing acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding districts.
We provide 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services.
Our 131-bed healthcare facility sees 25,000 ED patients each year and is operated by St John of God Health Care, providing public patient services under a public-private partnership with the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
We are currently seeking Resident Medical Officers (Wards) to join the team on fixed term full-time basis for one or two years.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia and AHPRA.
- A minimum of two (2) years postgraduate experience in relevant clinical settings.
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural competency in:
– Assessment and management of medical, surgical, obstetric, paediatric and mental health patients – Venepuncture and venous cannulations – Urinary Catheterisation – Preliminary interpretation of diagnostic pathology, radiology and cardiology tests – Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and Basic life support for Adults and Paediatrics.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Hawkesbury offers a relaxed and laid back lifestyle located on the fringe of the Sydney metropolitan area. With some of the world’s best national parks, rivers and flora and fauna, there is plenty to do in your time off.
SJGHC Hawkesbury District Health Service promotes Health and Wellness for all their Caregivers. If successful you and your immediate family members will be eligible to join the Fitness Passport. This program allows members to access over 100 gyms, pools and health facilities throughout NSW.
- All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) *
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Contact Person Barbara Speechley
Contact Number (02) 4560 5780
Contact Email email@example.com
Closing Date 25/07/2019
Position Description Resident Medical Officer, Hawkesbury.doc
Application Guide Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network is the largest paediatric health care entity in Australia. We care for thousands of children each year in our hospitals and in their homes – wit…An opportunity to be part of the Department of Paediatrics at Hornsby Hospital is available. Applications are accepted via eCredential only, to apply Employment Type: Fee For S…Location: NSW – Sydney Metro Job Description: Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing ca…