Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Salary: $120,638 – $125,514 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional – Full time – 17% super
About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The role of Senior Analyst Treasury & Commercial Finance is an important position in the University’s Finance team whose primary purpose is to assist with the management of the University’s extensive corporate and commercial finance activities.
The appointee will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in either, Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and significant relevant experience. It is desirable for the appointee to have relevant postgraduate/professional qualifications (i.e. Masters in Finance, CFA, CPA or CA)
- High level of business acumen and attention to detail
- Complex financial modelling and associated analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, manage and deliver competing tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build positive relationships at all levels
- Ability to present to a group across various seniority levels and size
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to write reports to key stakeholder groups and management committees.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently under broad direction
- Ability to provide robust business analysis around treasury, finance and commercial matters
- Prior corporate and/or project finance, debt capital and equity capital raising experience is desirable
- Prior experience working on complex commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions is highly desirable
– Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
– Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
– The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
– A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to
Applications close: 06 Oct 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers e…Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, BelVita, C…Job ID: 563350 Job type: Full Time – Permanent Location: Melbourne Categories: Finance & Administration Who we are Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in A…