Title: Senior Manager, HR Business Partner (Global Banking & Markets) – Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 70693
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Global Banking & Markets (GBM) provides capital markets products and services to corporate, institutional and government clients globally, helping them to seize opportunities, unlock value and achieve their goals. The goal of GBM is to be the best at helping clients become financially better off by providing relevant solutions to their unique needs.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will work with the senior management team and the Director, Human Resources Business Partner. In this role, you will contribute to the success and profitability of their business lines by developing and implementing short and long term strategies, plans, policies and programs to support the business objectives. The Senior Manager, HRBP is a true Business Partner, in place to build relationships with the business, becoming a “trusted advisor”, a driver and facilitator of change – translating business unit needs into HR requirements.
- Work with the senior management team to develop short and long term business strategies. In conjunction with the Director, HRBP to determine the major HR implications of these strategies and plot the course to enhance the business success through new and innovating HR ideas.
- Work on various initiatives to drive cultural change within the portfolio.
- Define and develop the corresponding HR activities to support the business strategies ensuring that all actions fit with the overall HR goals and objectives of the Scotiabank group.
- Act as a member of the larger HR team for Global Banking and Markets, providing input and direction on overall HR issues and represent the views of the business lines on these issues.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in HR and liaison with HR peers, both within and outside of Scotiabank to ensure policies and procedures stay current and market competitive.
- Monitor current HR practices within Global Banking & Markets to ensure they adhere to guidelines established by Corporate HR and reflect the Scotiabank values
- Act as an Advisor to senior leaders by providing advice guidance and/or coaching on sensitive confidential and complex HR issues
- Develop and provide a range of management reports/metrics, using data to drive decisions, Analyses trends from data & provide value-added solutions to operational problems
- Strong business acumen to align both business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals to maximize shareholder value
- Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues.
- Strong team focus to work closely with the line, Corporate HR and peers.
- Adept at building and managing relationships effectively and be able to gain the confidence of business leaders quickly
- Effective communication skills both verbally and orally. Organizational and interpersonal skills with a strategic logical approach
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or similar field, or relevant work experience
- Minimum 8 years of HR experience
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) preferred
- Exposure to HR best practices, Organizational Change, Change Management, Performance Effectiveness, Training & Development, M&A
- Experience within a large, complex, global organization would be considered an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Requisition ID: 70693 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Global Banking & Markets (GBM) provides capital markets products and servi…Requisition ID: 70693 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Global Banking & Markets (GBM) provides capital markets products and servi…Requisition ID: 70700 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. As the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, you will contribute to the ove…