Metro North Hospital and Health Service is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest healthcare professionals.
Two of our five hospitals – Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) and The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) – are tertiary/quaternary referral hospitals, providing state-wide super specialty services, such as heart and lung transplantation and burns treatment. Redcliffe and Caboolture are major secondary hospitals, and Kilcoy is a regional community hospital.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Identify the educational needs of medical staff in Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) and Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) in accordance with Prevocational Medical Accreditation Qld (PMAQ) accreditation standards, the Medical Practitioners Registration Act 2001 and the Australian Curriculum Framework for Junior Doctors;
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Training and/or Principal Medical Education Officer develop, implement and evaluate the Junior Doctor Education and Training Programs, orientation and other medical education programs and activities within the facility consistent with adult learning principles;
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Training (or equivalent) regarding the appropriate management of junior doctor issues and the development and monitoring of plans to address issues of performance and clinical competence;
- Prepare documentation to maintain or obtain accreditation of relevant terms/rotations as required by the relevant accreditation authority;
- Assist junior doctors with career path development and planning.
Job ad reference number: PCH311481 Close date: Friday 31 May 2019
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro North employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro North here: ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. Are you a qualified medical practitioner considering your next career move within the world of Medicine? Mater Hospital Brisbane would like to hear from you! About the role We …Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland? We’re committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healt…Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland? We’re committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healt…