Roles & Responsibilities
The Digital Underground project is a collaboration between Singapore-ETH Centre, Singapore Land Authority and the City of Zürich aimed at establishing a reliable map of subsurface utilities for planning and land administration. After the successful delivery of a roadmap at the end of the first phase of the project, phase two of the project aims to develop the foundations of a thriving utility mapping ecosystem. One of the deliverables of the project is a prototype, first-of-its-kind, consolidated map of subsurface utilities and a supporting spatial data management infrastructure. SEC is looking for talented and motivated professionals to design, develop, and deliver this prototype.
Senior Software Engineer – Consolidated Map of Subsurface Utilities (100%)
Starting in October 2019 or at another date to be agreed upon, we are looking for a talented individual to join our interdisciplinary team based at the Singapore ETH-Centre in Singapore.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Design a scalable and modular prototype spatial data management infrastructure for subsurface utilities.
- Coordinate the development of a prototype data management infrastructure which includes functionality for quality control, modelling, integration, storage, and sharing of subsurface utility data.
- Collaborate with a small development team using an agile approach.
- Develop specifications for the implementation of a national map and supporting data management infrastructure for subsurface utilities.
- Coordinate regularly with a prominent industry partner on the use and integration of available off-the-shelf components.
- Participate and contribute to the team’s weekly and monthly meetings and other interactions with key stakeholders from Singapore government agencies.
You can demonstrate that you:
- Have a track record of designing and developing scalable, tested, and secure web-based platforms.
- Have knowledge of and/or an interest in spatial data infrastructures and geographic information systems.
- Are comfortable with doing things that come with working in a small team: You will be primarily responsible for the platform architecture and design, but you are also willing to contribute to the coding of backend and frontend components or the DevOps infrastructure if necessary.
- Conduct yourself with an infectious degree of professionalism when it comes to organization of work, application of good software engineering practices, documentation, and code quality.
- Are a comfortable and proactive communicator. You are fluent in English.
We offer you:
- An opportunity to be part of the globally relevant development of a consolidated 3D map of subsurface utilities.
- Meaningful work with real-world impact, with a strong engagement from and interaction opportunities with our main local government stakeholder.
- A clean, modern, and progressive work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with your skills and expertise.
- A diverse and interdisciplinary cast of colleagues, with plenty of opportunities to interact and collaborate with researchers from fields such as architecture, urban planning, social science, civil engineering, geomatics engineering, and computer science.
Work location: Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC)
1 Create Way, CREATE Tower (NUS University Town), Singapore 138602
Duration: 1 year and 9 months contract, full-time position, with a possibility to extend into the deployment phase of the to-be-developed platform.
We look forward to receiving your online application including the following documents: cover letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio (if any), and the name of two references, to (Rob VAN SON). For further information about the Digital Underground project and/or Singapore-ETH centre please visit our websites: www.fcl.ethz.ch/research/research-to-application/digital-underground.html and www.sec.ethz.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Rob VAN SON by email Development and implementation of medium to large scale JAVA/JEE/Spring Framework projects The engineer will work with innovative application and devices using cutting edge appli…You will be a member of the experimentation unit in NEC Laboratories Singapore (NLS). NLS emphasizes on innovative solution co-creation with customer. Your team will leverage on yo…JOB DESCRIPTION We are looking a Senior Software Engineer (Java) to join our team! You will analyze, design, develop and maintain IT applications, including documentation and pos…