Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
Service Manager, IT Service Management (m/f/d)
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of
enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and
technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
We are now looking for forward-thinking, proactive and customer oriented, Service Manager for IT Service Management to join ICT Sourcing and IT Operations, Service Integration and Management team.
About the position
As Service Manager, IT Service Management, your work will focus on these responsibilities
- End to end responsibility of service delivery of IT Service management capabilities in ServiceNow and development via extended enterprise.
- Manage/Facilitate the virtual ITSM team, lead forums/processes such as ITSM development forum, Change Advisory Board, release planning and mgmt. for ITSM services, act as Agile Service Manager aiming to continuously improve and modernise the service and ways of working towards.
- Ensure that service quality and performance meet the agreed service levels and agreed delivery times.
- Acts as product owner for the common shared platform elements being responsible for the product specific roadmap, requirements, backlog, training materials, testing and stakeholder communication. (Separate product owners named for apps such as incident management, problem management, risk, change management etc. These product owners are part of the virtual ITSM team.)
- Lead in matrix the platform development team, ensuring and promoting maintainability, reusability, security, and product development best practices adherence.
- Manage the total cost of ownership, improve efficiency and secure the value and utilisation of ServiceNow platform.
- Participate the ITSM process forum as ServiceNow platform representative. Support the Solution Architect, ITSM, ITSM Capability leads and management to further develop the IT mode of operations.
- Communicate and be responsible for the customer/end user relations, user support and satisfaction.
For you to be successful in this role, we expect you to have
- 5+ years implementing the IT Service Management processes and solutions with deep expertise of ServiceNow platform. Main focus in IT Service Management, Core Platform, IT Business Management and Intelligent Applications capabilities; knowledge about GRC, Security Operations and IT Operations Management is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodologies and ITSM concepts, knowledge of Agile/Scrum and DevOps methodologies.
- Strong experience in solutions/systems development lifecycle – Requirements, Design, Implementation, Quality control, Deployment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skill.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion to understand and fulfil customer needs.
- Leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in computer science, systems engineering, economics, data science or other related field of study.
What we offer you
You will be a part of a global organization and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited at the prospect of being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a curriculum vitae.
Possible LOCATIONs for this position are Finland, India.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please reach out to Marjo Kautiainen, General Manager, Service Integration and Management +358 40 8262 564 with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Please submit your application including your salary request at latest by 15.9.2021.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
Last application date: 15/09/2021
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at