Tigerspike is an Apple Mobility Partner and one of the most recognised specialist enterprise mobility companies in the world. We work on exciting projects and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Android), who enjoys a challenge, to join us.You’ll work with talented and passionate people, who love what they do, in an informal, yet high energy office. So, if you love technology, have a passion for innovation and thrive in a team-based environment then read on…
Tell me more!
The clients we partner with range from boutique to multinational, whose users span from employees in your local supermarket to vulnerable young adults. You’ll gain experience with industries from to and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people’s lives. In recent projects, we created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS’s IoT products for and also launched a pilot project for , the research arm of the NHS, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps. For your first project, you will join a team with a mix of existing and new employees across London and Wrocław., working with a travel client on their hero consumer app. This world-leading app contains features like geo-sensitive airport maps, food pre-order in the terminal, and prebooking of spaces in lounges. We pride ourselves on quality, and we ensure this with unit testing, automation testing, clean architectural approaches (eg Redux), and functional programming.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Extensive experience as an Android developer, designing and implementing software solutions using Java and Kotlin
- Ability to drive the development forward and being able to translate business requirements into pragmatic solutions
- A solid history of constantly improving your own knowledge and skills as well as improving processes for your organisation
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Google’s app submission process
- The confidence (and passion) to work in a client facing role
- Writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Skills in securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Practical experience in Continuous Integration and writing highly testable code, simplifying Unit Tests
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban
- Experience on another platform (e.g. iOS or AWS)
- Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
What’s in it for you?
- Empowerment – to be autonomous within a self-organising team that is passionate to deliver quality
- Professional Growth – we know you’re happiest when you’re learning new things, so you’ll be given an annual allowance to spend on your professional growth such as attending a conference or taking a course. It’s like a makeover for your mind!
- Architecture – author and critique software designs and architectures
- Mentorship – a chance to mentor and support other members of your team, providing technical leadership and advice
- Collaboration – you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary Agile team, forming a close relationship with clients.
- Innovation – our monthly ‘Transmogrification Day’ allows us to take a break from client work to spend time playing with the latest tech and improving our tools and techniques
- Quality – ensure the quality of your teams work through pair programming, code reviews, unit tests and test automation
Tigerspike values health and wellbeing by offering:
- The freedom to work remotely when you need to
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning French, pottery or even attending a wine tasting course
- A Sports card
- Spontaneous plank and stretch breaks
- Free fruit daily
Some of the other benefits we offer include:
- 20 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) increasing to 25 days’ holiday each year after your 2nd work anniversary and 30 days after 5 years!
- $120 monthly mobile phone allowance
- The opportunity to work remotely when you need to
- Free lunch and drinks on Fridays
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (London, Melbourne, Tokyo, Dubai, Sydney, New York, Mumbai, etc.)
Who are we?
Tigerspike is a digital services company improving people’s lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, our work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy and Curiosity. We have a reputation for innovation and creating long-term partnerships with customers such as Emirates, American Express, The United Nations, Westfield and New Look. We are looking for a qualified Mobile software engineer to join our Mobile Product Development team. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality mob…ViSenze Visual Commerce Platform allows users to buy products they see around them instantly, without needing to guess the keywords. Our AI powered technology uses deep machine lea…Singapore The mobile teams are responsible for building Twitter for Android. These teams impact hundreds of millions of users, and face particularly interesting product and techn…