Location: Singapore, Singapore
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
The Software Engineer / Architect will be responsible for defining the architecture of the Open ATM platform as well as also being responsible for the development of key components of this platform. The incumbent will be working in an AGILE team, building world leading technology supporting it with his/ her strong technical knowledge of cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) as well the design of cloud native applications.
- Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the solution) into technical solutions.
- Define the technical solution for infrastructure & deployment of the Open ATM system including System architecture and PaaS implementation
- Develop the Open ATM solution architecture and work with the rest of the team to build consensus.
- Model architecture using architecture modelling tools and industry standard architecture notation
- Produce architecture documentation using Thales standards
- Gather requirements, design, code and test software components assigned by the team leader
- Work in an agile, cross-functional team, actively engaging to support the success of the team
- Lead the Agile team to achieve highly efficient practices using tooling for CI/CD and automated SW testing.
- Delivery of high quality code and best practice code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with a minimum of 8 years of experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5+ years of experience
- Solid experience in Solution Architecture design, definition and development (Workflow, Data Architecture, System and Cloud Architecture)
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of design and development methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of common integration patterns (i.e. Broadcast, Publish-Subscribe, Request-Reply, etc.)
- Demonstrated successful development and deployment of public APIs for web services using representations and deployments such as REST, RESTful web services, SOAP, JSON, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and how to use them as part of a solution as well as the security of these technologies (e.g. how things are connected and potential risk areas).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of building cloud-native applications for virtualised and / or containerised deployment, including previous use of design patterns such as Lambda, Micro-Services, Public API Gateway, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CORE JAVA , Java 8
- Knowledge of real time software development and safety critical systems is advantageous
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. C, C++, ADA) is advantageous
- Possess learning agility
- Hands-on software design and development experience
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now! Division Interior Job Description Responsibilities Be part of the international software development team to develop embedded software for Telematics products to meet OEM c…Division Interior Job Description Responsibilities Be part of the international software development team to develop embedded software for Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GS…Division Interior Job Description Responsibilities/Job Scope: Lead the development of system architecture concepts and design for product development. Job scope include so…