Roles & Responsibilities
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work. For more information, visit www.google.com/careers.
The area: Engineering & Operations
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Software Engineer, University Graduate, 2019 Start – Singapore
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
Additional Role Description:
Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and will reach out to shortlisted applicants only. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application.
– Specific responsibilities vary by project area. General responsibilities include: Develop scripts to automate routine tasks while also reading and reviewing others’ code to provide feedback.
– Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
– Mitigate reliability failures in a component or system.
– Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
– Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
– BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
– Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
– Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the appropriate fix.
– Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency; Experience with improving inventing or proving the value of new algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability. Req. ID: 135425 Job Description As a Backend Central Planning Planning Modelling Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be part of the Planning team that is primarily fo…Candidate Specification Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited University. A masters degree in geotechnical engineering is advantageous. Strong written and …You will contribute to the core technologies that power our trading businesses, delivering performant, robust and elegant solutions. You are passionate about technology and your …