Job Skill:Procurement Strategy and Planning
Designation: Management Level – Team Lead/Consultant
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: Any Graduation
Years of Experience: 7-11 years
About Accenture Operations
In today’s business environment, growth isn’t just about building value-it’s fundamental to long-term business survival. So how do organizations sustain themselves The key is a new operating model -one that’s anchored around the customer and propelled by intelligence to deliver exceptional experiences across the enterprise at speed and at scale. You will deliver breakthrough business outcomes for clients-by harnessing talent, data and intelligence to revolutionize their operating models. Operations is one of four services that make up one Accenture -the others are Strategy and Consulting, Interactive and Technology. Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do
You will be aligned with our Procurement vertical and help us in the process of finding and agreeing to terms, and acquiring goods, services, or works from an external source, often via a tendering or competitive bidding process. Procurement is used to ensure the buyer receives goods, services, or works at the best possible price when aspects such as quality, quantity, time, and location are compared.
You will be working as a part of Procurement management team which uses a systematic approach for buying all the goods and services needed for a company to stay sustainable. They are involved in the identification of need, finding and qualifying the suppliers, requesting proposals, negotiating with suppliers, contracting, delivery and analyzing results.
The Procurement Strategy and Planning team is responsible for establishing long-range plans for ensuring a timely supply of goods and/or services that are critical to our firm’s ability to meet its core business objectives. The team is focused on ensuring on-time delivery of materials at the designated place from suppliers while managing any queries during the process. Coordinating with suppliers & other stakeholders, determining expediting methodology, keeping track of delivery schedules, inspections, PO amendments, project milestones, & post-PO management will all be critical elements. The role may require you to have experience working in Direct or Indirect (CAPEX, MRO) categories, knowledge of PO Processing, Vendor Master Data, Tactical Buying / Spot Buys, RFx, Procurement Help Desk functions, Process Optimization, QA Framework, etc.
What are we looking for
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Finance Processes
- Financial Tracking and Reporting
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation
- Ability to establish strong client relationship
It would be a value add if you are proficient in:
- Financial Analysis
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you need to analyze and solve moderately complex problems
- You are required to create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures
- You are required to understand the strategic direction set by senior management, clearly communicate team goals, deliverables, and keep the team updated on change
- Your primary upward interactions are with your direct supervisor
- You may interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
- You will be provided with guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- The decisions that are made by you will often impact your team
- You would be an individual contributor and/or oversee a small work effort and/or team.
Please note this role may require you to work in rotational shifts. ,