Employment Type: Visiting Medical Officer
Position Classification: RDA FFS Visiting Medical Officer
Requisition ID: REQ80847
Closing Date: 7 October 2019
VMO General Practitioner – Leeton
An opportunity to be part of a smaller, close knit multi-disciplinary team
Lifestyle! Halve your mortgage and reduce your commute
At Murrumbidgee Local Health District we provide a range of public health services to the Riverina and Murray regions of New South Wales across a geographic area of approximately 125,631 square kilometres. With around 241,000 residents living within our District we employ approximately 3,500 staff who work in our 31 facilities and support services. Our facilities include a Rural Referral Hospital, Base and District Hospitals, Multi-Purpose Services and Community Health Facilities.
Leeton Health Service is a 71 bed D1a peer grouped Community Hospital with surgery. Of the 71 beds, 38 are residential aged care beds, four are day surgery beds and four are bassinets. The facility provides emergency, medical, palliative, surgical, obstetric, radiology and aged care services. A range of outpatient and community health services are also provided on the hospital grounds. There are also vacancies at the local GP Practices. Please refer to the link below for details.
About the role
A Visiting Medical Officer is required to provide non procedural GP services at Leeton Hospital. The VMO will provide a high level of clinical care to patients and participate in the on call roster.
Murrumbidgee Local Health District requires Visiting Medical Officers to participate in service and policy development as well as an involvement with education, training and quality projects activities.
In accepting the position the incumbent will agree to support core NSW public sector values of cultural diversity, equity and ethical practice, and a healthy, safe and fair workplace.
About the town
Leeton is located in the heart of the Riverina, ideally situated 40 minutes from Griffith and a little over an hour from Wagga Wagga. Leeton was the first town built as part of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA). With a rich history of agriculture and primary production, the town is also a contemporary rural Australian town, accessible by road, air and rail.
Residents of Leeton have access to a wealth of activities. Camp and fish, play golf and cycle, tour food and wine regions or experience nature at its best with wetlands at your doorstep and magnificent River Redgum forests to explore-the Leeton area has something for everyone.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of
For further information
Please refer to the for further details on this position. Your application must include a current resume and detailed responses to the selection criteria.
Find out more here about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.
To learn more about working for Murrumbidgee Local Health District visit
Like and Follow us on and !
- Holds registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist General Practitioner.
- Minimum three (3) years post graduate clinical experience. Previous experience in Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Adult Internal Medicine, Paediatrics or Rural Medicine an advantage.
- Knowledge of contemporary clinical management and modern approaches in assessment and management of the broad range of acute and chronic medical conditions. Competence in performing the range of minor urgent procedures commonly undertaken in a rural emergency department including Advanced Life Support and Trauma management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, and research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Demonstrated commitment to behaviours which align to the NSW Health CORE values and MLHD Values, goals and strategies.
Please refer to the for more information.
Find out more about for this position. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
For role related queries or questions contact Craig McColm Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Career Medical Officer Remuneration: $127,539 – $190,032 Hours Per Week: 38 Requisition ID: REQ119224 Closing Da…Employment Type: Visiting Medical Officer Position Classification: RDA Fee-for-Service Visiting Medical Officer Requisition ID: REQ118705 Closing Date: 7 October 2019 Visitin…This position is open to current MLHD employees only Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Nurse Unit Manager Level 2 Remuneration: $118,419.26 per annu…