Job Requisition ID: 71945
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
You are responsible to market and promote Al Futtaim Watches and Jewellery (AFWJ) brands across UAE through media advertising, advertorials, public relations (PR), special events and promotions, working with Brand Managers to ensure marketing is on brand and using expertise of the local market to exploit the best available opportunities.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Market Research & Competitor Analysis
- Initiate market research and customer data collection in current locations and new territories for the purpose of feedback to the buying and operations managers to assist with buying, product ranges, store layouts, customer service initiatives and store facilities. You will also be responsible for competitor analysis of promotional activity, media campaigns and customer service initiatives in order to devise the best possible marketing tactics for the AFWJ brands
Merchandising & Promotional Plans
- In consultation with Brand and Operations departments, you will be required to devise the annual marketing plan and advise on the related promotional activities, providing information on product description, etc to ensure that all promotions are launched accurately and in agreed time scales across all locations. You will ensure that the marketing and promotional activity implemented across the brand is consistent with Brand identity.
Launch Promotional Activity
- After the promotional activity has been agreed on, you will be responsible with the Visual Merchandising Manager for the instore launch so that the stores have the opportunity to maximise their contribution and sales opportunities. The time scales should be communicated through the use of an annual promotional calendar. You will be expected to lead the development of this calendar using local knowledge and experience.
Liaison with In-house/external Marketing Agency
- Brief the agency on promotional/campaign requirements and work closely with the account team and challenge the delivered concepts and or plans through to successful completion and implementation. You will ensure the agency meets deadlines, budget constraints and concept effectivity as required and requested in initial brief. You will build personal relationships with media to ensure placing of ads to fit with campaign timescales and where the agency are unable to deliver as required.
- Utilise and demonstrate their creative skills in approving concepts or to utilise other resources (Internet / images) and instruct the agency to incorporate or utilise these as a basis for the concept campaign. You have the authority to reject concepts and artwork not in keeping with Brand image or where the message is not clearly communicated to the target customer.
PR Activity & Events
- Build relationships through sponsorship of suitable events .You are responsible for making the decision to participate after reviewing the costs, return on investment (ROI) and brand exposure. You will coordinate PR events such as new store openings by creating a brief and ensuring all parties are aware of the requirements, and will communicate effectively with each of the involved parties to deliver a successful and professional event. You will also manage all press releases by maintaining good relations with media and advising them on events and new launches. The JH will also be the sole contact on all charity requests and will be responsible for making the decision to participate.
- Update and maintain effective yearly bank partnership, driving consumers to retail store
- Effective utilisation of marketing budget, to assist in negotiation for marketing support from vendors and develop suitable plans for the funds. You devise and plan campaigns to utilise the annual funds and ensure all claims against this account are processed in a timely fashion with no yearend carry over.
- Build good relationships with various medias across all markets, sending product to be featured and assisting in photo shoots as required maintaining the public brand focus on paid and FOC coverage to support the business
Social Media platform
- Plan & manage the social media platforms for AFWJ (Facebook & Instagram), advertising and optimizing the social platforms to delivery KPIs, community management ensuring, customer queries are responded timely
CRM & Digital campaigns
- Partner with CRM teams and execute targeted campaigns based on the analytics shared. Liaise with internal digital team to explore options for AFWJ social media pages. Execute and follow up the youtube and programmatic advertising in liaison with the agency
NPS and Blue rewards
- Drive NPS and achieve company set norms. Monthly announcement of consumer offers on blue rewards
To be sucessfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Graduate in Marketing
3+ years offline and online marketing experience in a marketing role within an international environment, ideally from retail Watches industry
Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives
Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
Self-motivated, strong communication skills, team player, time management, and decision making ability
Proficient in MS Excel & Power Point
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
View & Apply