Societe Financiere Manuvie
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? Are you looking for a flexible and supportive environment with work that challenges and helps our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations? Product Line Engineering Insurance Technology Team is seeking an experienced and motivated Software Quality Engineer who can learn with agility in order to develop, maintain and continuously evolve test automation scripts and execute testing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What Work Would I be Doing?
As a s Self-directed, accountable and skilled Software Quality Engineer who is passionate about software quality and automation, your responsibilities will include:
- Identify, build, Build tests strategies, plans, cases and scripts that ensure quality and coverage through functional, integration, end to end and performance testing of complex systems and/or individual components
- Maintain, evolve and continually improve automated test scripts and coverage using a variety of automation tools and technologies
- Execute manual tests that could not be automated
- Adhere to Quality Engineer standards and best practices as well as audit requirements
- Analyze defects and ensure that system tests are successfully completed, documented and all issues are resolved
- Participate in code reviews, share skills and techniques with others
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Technical Analysts, Business partners and external 3rd party vendors using Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Automation technologies such as VB Script, Selenium, DevTest, TestNG, Robot, Perfecto, SOAP UI, Jenkins, Cucumber, Meter, Postman and other testing frameworks and tools
- University degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience developing/coding and executing test automation scripts for distributed web solutions including UI and microservices/API
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance practices, automation, tools and techniques and how to apply them
- Experience with Agile practices and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience writing complex test plans and test cases including how to apply risk based testing principles
- Ability to identify productivity and efficiency improvements as well as quickly and easily adapt to change
- Excellent communication including effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization, risk management and problem solving skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaborator
Additional assets that are nice to have:
- Software testing certification (e.g. CSTE)
- Agile certification (e.g. CSM)
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and other approaches to accelerate the delivery
- Experience with BDD is an asset
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with company match
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision
- Generous time off policy
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Dress Smart – flexible work attire policy
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams
This is a full time permanent role.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
View & Apply