Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Wyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel Deira is now seeking a Cluster Marketing Manager to join our team in Dubai, Unted Arab Emirates.
The Cluster Marketing Manager will be responsible for the tactical execution of the Company’s marketing communications initiatives in support of the business strategy, market goals and organizational objectives. The Cluster Marketing Manager coordinates campaigns and communications through all phases of launch and maintenance, including reporting, analysis and optimization. All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations
- Assists in the implementation of the hotel’s Marketing Communications Strategy (goals, tactics and actions) to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue figures in Rooms, Food and Beverage, and all other revenue generating departments.
- Ensures that Marketing Communications activities are aligned with the Corporate Marketing Strategy, and the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation and update of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
- Attends regular departmental marketing communications meetings.
- Ensures that Marketing Communications provide excellent service to external customers, as well as internal customers in other departments.
- Handles all guest and internal customer inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Assists with establishing annual marketing communications budgets, including above the line advertising, public relations, sales promotions and publicity that will form part of the hotel’s business plan.
- Maintains complete records of all media and purchase agreements, contracts and quotes for the hotel.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information. Assists in the preparation, utilization and update of an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by division and / or department.
- Measures, interprets, prioritizes and evaluates the effectiveness of marketing communications activities through an ROI analysis and adjust as necessary.
- Develops and maintains active contacts with the press and key media people, and evaluates all media solicitations and exposures.
- Monitors all current attitudes and public statements concerning the hotel in foreign and local media.
- Ensures adequate targeted publicity and coverage of the hotel’s positioning, promotional programs, corporate image building and other activities.
- Assesses advertising needs and opportunities for the hotel and obtains initial approval of local media campaign proposals from the Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing and Cluster General Manager.
- Closely works together with other departments to assess and support their internal and external communications needs.
- Establishes and maintains the hotel library and photographic image filing.
- Continuously updates press kits
- Maintains a perpetual analysis of competitor’s marketing and communication activities in the local market.
- Assists the Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing by maintaining accurate records of up to date marketing expenditures, future commitments and remaining budget for the year.
- Be aware of community, business, political and social factors that may affect the hotel’s financial performance.
- Manage content updates of all hotel sites including property, mini and local language sites and worldwide guide site.
- Responsible for driving email strategy for the hotel as well handling email campaigns in line with brand and privacy standards.
- Supports the implementation of The Service Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hotel Values and Culture Characteristics
LAWS, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
- Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
TEAM MEMBER RELATIONS
- Fosters and develops effective team member relations throughout the hotel
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and team members
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing
- Attends Regional Sales & Marketing meetings and training if required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
- Maintaining a business environment based on Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conduct documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing reports
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- A degree in marketing (not essential but an advantage
- Personable, presentable and articulate.
- Effective project management skills
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Adobe PhotoShop
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATE & EDUCATION
- Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+years of relevant working experience in a 4/5 star hotel
- Ideally A degree in marketing or relevant discipline
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
View & Apply