Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Content Marketing team aims to be the go-to source for independent business owners who want to start, run, and grow their businesses. Our goal is to establish Square as a thought leader, to build the relationship between businesses and our brand, and to acquire new Square sellers through self-service and lead generation strategies.
As our first growth engineering hire, you will build our content experiences in a way that creates traffic, increases engagement, and allows for the content to be better used as an acquisition hook. You will provide code that is flexible and can be iterated on, to push our overall content marketing strategy forward. You’ll work with the Lead Generation team to better integrate 3rd party programs, such as Marketo, into our infrastructure, and coordinate with the Editorial Strategy team to create outstanding content experiences. As an engineer, you’ll also work with the Web Engineering team, Design Technology team, Global Marketing team, Search Engine Optimization team, and Creative team.
- Oversee the product road-map for the Town Square blog
- Configure and experiment with A/B testing for optimization purposes
- Participate in concept design iteration
- Build hands-on technical development of prototypes coming out of ideation to create custom content experiences (i.e. infographics, gated content, interactive tools and more)
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations and challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Backend development – Familiarity of Ruby, Java or other backend languages
- A portfolio of work that displays design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Understanding of web standards, browser performance and basic UX/UI principles
- A history of collaboration with Marketing and other non-technical teams
Nice to have:
- Content Marketing experience
- Experience with Contentful
- Technical search engine optimization (SEO) experience
- Familiarity with Lead Generation techniques and Marketo
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
View & Apply