Requisition ID: 23526
Job Category: Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Mississauga location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
The Intermediate Bridge Engineer will be involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and public high profile. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be required to work autonomously within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, and assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design calculation;
- Preparation of technical reports;
- Preparation of project specifications and other contract documents;
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design calculations to include 2D and 3D analysis for bridges as well as foundations, infrastructure and retaining walls;
- Develop structural details and construction plans using MicroStation or AutoCAD;
- Conducting design check and quality audit of drawings and contract documents;
- Providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers, technologists, and technicians;
- Coordination of structural work with work of other disciplines.
You bring to the role:
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited university;
- 5 -10 years of experience in the design of bridges and experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Code or AASHTO;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible for license in Ontario;
- Demonstrated experience in the area of bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, industry standard bridge design and analysis software, and AutoCAD or MicroStation;
- Experience in preliminary design and detailed design of new bridges and rehabilitation of existing bridge; steel and concrete structures;
- Familiar with relevant agency/regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering;
- Demonstrated ability in meeting project deliverables and requirements;
- Work independently and interact well with other staff, and mentor junior staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a necessity.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
View & Apply