Junior Software Engineer / Consultant
In light of these unprecedented times, Softchoice is committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same! For those joining Orange Nation, we will be onboarding all new employees remotely. Rest assured, though, that offering a human and inspiring onboarding experience is our top priority.
Your chance to transform businesses with App Dev/DevOps.
We’re on a mission to help our clients unleash the full potential of the public cloud – and we’re hiring a new Junior Software Engineer to make that happen. If you are passionate about driving customer outcomes by developing best-in-class software that is driven by the most advanced DevOps tools and practices available, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
About the role
As part of our new Cloud Transformation Team, you will work closely with a cross-section of Softchoice’s most innovative experts and architects. From designing and developing tailored application solutions, to coaching and consulting teams and cultures to success, you will lead the way on how to enable companies to achieve high quality outcomes for their businesses.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Delivering excellence: Designing and developing modern, cloud native, software solutions that are reliable, scalable, performant, and adaptable to change.
- Truly Full-Stack and Cross Functional: From application design, development, and testing, to streamlining the delivery of those applications through the most modern DevOps practices and tools, you are comfortable to step outside the box and your comfort zone by taking on both Developer & DevOps roles.
- Leading by collaboration: Working with software developers, application architects, QA engineers, and operations teams to deliver on – and exceed – client expectations. You will also team up with SME’s, practice leads and vendors to fine tune our strategy and overcome obstacles to adoption at every step.
- Evangelizing the New: Driving customer success by championing better ways of solving problems. As consultants, our customers rely on us to lead the way forward. You will be a key part of their journey.
As an ideal candidate, you will have these technical attributes:
- College diploma, university degree, or equivalent alternative learning experience.
- Co-op, freelance, or significant open-source software development experience.
- As an entry level candidate your innate ability to learn quickly and be resourceful will be your strongest asset. As such, a growth-oriented mindset is critical for your success.
- Entry-level expertise in full-stack web application development. This includes front-end, back-end, and database layers. Continuous delivery and automated testing are an asset as well.
- Entry-level expertise in utilizing DevOps tools and practices such as AWS, Azure, GitHub, New Relic, and others.
- Experience in at least one kind of database technology (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 15 consecutive years
- Certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
*Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
View & Apply