Manager, & Communications, will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages, student recruitment, events management and collateral to consistently articulate UD’s mission. The Manager of Media & Marketing Communications will ensure that UD is viewed as the leading university in the UAE excelling in offering an American system of higher education with emphasis on quality of teaching, research and services to the business community. The Manager of Media & Marketing Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual marketing & communications plan across UD audiences in collaboration with marketing team and outside constituents. Research the market and mentor the latest trends to establish efficient strategic marketing and communications programs complied and aligned with the UD’s vision and growth initiatives.
Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate. Manage the ongoing development, enhancement, and maintenance of the website and social media. Ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and magazines. Administer the development of advertising and digital communications to promote UD and effectively communicate the competitive differentiators.
Coordinate and organize meetings that engage UD network’s audiences. Provide support and consultation in response to individual department marketing requests. Ensure effective formulation and implementation of customer communication. Work with other department heads to ensure consistency in messaging. Lead, motivate, coordinate, mentor and guide the Marketing &Communications staff. Provide the University management with reports, details, and accomplishments periodically and when needed.
Education & Experience
- At least 10 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents)
- Bachelor degree (Masters degree a plus) in marketing from well known institution.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills (Bilingual Arabic/English are preferred)
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- Highly collaborative style; work with all essential groups, including staff, suppliers, donors, program participants, and other stakeholders
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently. A proven past performance of initiatives self-started, and creative deeds.