Job Title Marketing Communications Manager
Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
The hotel comprises 213 luxurious guestrooms and suites and 6 four-bedroom villas with private pools, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. To meet the needs of long-staying guests, the hotel offers 161 fully-furnished spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units. The hotel is located within the acclaimed Qaryat Al Beri complex, on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland. The hotel is conveniently located next to a souk, offering a variety of shops under one roof. It is only a ten-minute drive from the city’s international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre, and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre.
The Marketing Communications Manager, under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Communications is responsible for the public relations and food & beverage marketing of the Hotels, both Shangri-La and Traders Hotel Abu Dhabi, in accordance to the hotel’s market positioning as well as corporate brand identity and distribution.
Key Areas: * Strategic Responsibilities
- Public Relations
- Advertising /Photography
- Third-Party Partnerships & Loyalty
- F&B Analytics & Market Research
- Collaterals & Direct Marketing
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES * Develops annual F&B communications plan with specific goals and budget as outlined in the hotel’s strategic marketing plan and the group’s communication plan. Prepares roadmap to achieve goals, as well as updates and adjusts plans according to market situation and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Works closely with F&B department to map out promotional activities for the year.
- Creates awareness and builds restaurants reputation in the local market.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key local decision makers and the local social community to promote positive exposure of the hotel
- Assumes responsibility for pitching and securing local story placements for the hotel’s F&B outlets and on behalf of the Shangri-La brand.
- Assists DOC in developing customized story pitches based upon media needs and handles reactive media relations in a timely manner and within 24 hours.
- Works closely with DOC on developing story angles specific for the international markets.
- Drafts F&B press releases and bi-weekly media alerts.
- Creates and organizes appropriate press, KOL and influencers activities in accordance with the annual communications plan.
- Works closely with local influencers to highlight the offering and USPs of the hotel’s F&B outlets.
- Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
- Ensures online and hardcopy press kits are readily available and up to date.
- Directs F&B product and lifestyle photography for editorial and advertising purposes in liaison with the DOC.
- Maximizes F&B advertising budget by ensuring that the hotel’s creative messages and media activities are consistent with the advertising of sister hotels and the Shangri-La group advertising guidelines.
- Ensures all F&B creatives are reviewed and approved by DOC in a timely manner.
- Assists DOC in preparation and controlling of local F&B advertising schedule.
- Manages the execution of F&B, Spa and Health Club direct marketing activities.
- Assists in the production of all property, F&B display, and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
- Promotes collection of competitor’s collateral and publicity on a monthly basis.
- Verifies all collateral is as per brand standard guidelines.
General * Assists and manages the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on property F&B, SPA, Rooms promotions and campaigns.
- Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
- Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
- Handles job assigned by Director of Communications and coordination with relevant departments of the hotel is necessary.
- Seeks for high-end sponsorship to enhance the hotel’s packages and promotions.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Communications and / or Marketing within a 5 Star hotel in a similar position
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Hospitality or similar
- Expertise in the field of F&B Marketing, media and promotions
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Arabic is an advantage
- Graphic Design (comfortable working with Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Canva)
- Experience in drafting and distributing press releases
View & Apply