Metrology Service Engineer is responsible to provide expert technical support for Coordinate Measuring Machines and precision measuring instruments through customer training, installation, repairs and calibrations for Mitutoyo Canada Inc., a world leader in precision measurements.
- Training customers on Coordinate Measuring Machines and other metrology equipment
- Install, repair and calibrate Coordinate Measuring Machines and other metrology equipment
- Software training for applied use to a variety of customers
- Troubleshoot electronic, mechanical and pneumatic components
- Provide hardware support customers and internal staff
- Provide sales support- to customers
- Responsible for reporting and addressing company compliance issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to travel extensively within their province of employment, as well as to other parts of the country.
- Valid driver’s license of any Canadian province and ownership of vehicle in good working order required; available credit for car rentals and hotel reservations required)
- Knowledge of quality control inspection
- Working Knowledge of CMM software applications and 3D CAD software
- Ability to use MS Windows, and Microsoft Office applications
- Able to interpret and understand standard blueprint drawings, electrical schematics, and GD&T
- Experience with electronics and test components; must have good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English (both written and verbal in French and in English for Engineers stationed out of the Montreal office)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Completion of secondary school; some post-secondary education in electrical engineering, quality assurance or metrology an asset
Salary scale to match the candidate’s experience and skills.
In compliance with the AODA guidelines, successful candidates may request individual accommodation in relation to the materials or processes to be used in the selection process, such as email, TTY, large print materials, or other accommodations where needed.
- Essential – Valid driver’s license
- Essential – Able to travel extensively in Canada
- Essential – Ownership of vehicle
- Essential – Binlingual in English and French
- Essential – Completion of secondary school
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential – Working Knowledge of CMM software/3D CAD
- Essential – Ability to use MS Windows
- Essential – Good mechanical aptitude
Relocation/Travel requirements : Yes
Mitutoyo Canada Inc.
Mitutoyo Canada Inc. has been established since 1973, originating in Montreal and later moving to Mississauga in 1979. The main office is located in a 50,000 square foot facility on Meadowvale Blvd. in Mississauga and employs 63 staff. The space…
View & Apply