Requisition ID: 94867
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our career page.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join this team as a Principal Cloud Engineer. You will work closely with the other cloud engineers to develop and support the cloud components, services and platforms build for the broad enterprise use.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will work closely with other Cloud Engineers, many different security teams, network teams, infrastructure teams and other development/engineering teams in the bank to design and develop the technical solutions for enterprise cloud platforms.
The key accountabilities include:
- Design, manage and maintain cloud services and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of public cloud offerings
- Design, implement and re-factor pipeline and infrastructure code.
- Participate in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Work with other lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks. Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Provide mentor-ship, peer review and code review
- Lead a product/service, and define functions or features for cloud platforms, lead the work of 8+ engineers
- Provide level 3 production support
Are you the right person for the role?
- Proven experience in cloud development (Google GCP and/or Microsoft Azure).
- Strong development and infrastructure experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience (Java, Python, Ruby, .NET, GO other )
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Native Platforms and container, micro-services technologies (PCF, Kubernetes, GKE); domain expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities
- Experience working with relational databases (Azure SQL, SQL MI, Cloud SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, … )
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Full understanding of software development life cycle
- Extensive experience in Agile/Product/ Architecture
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers and organizational alignment; experience in delivering scalable, enterprise-level software system solutions
- Full stack experience in product development, cloud infrastructure, and preferably in banking applications
- Experience in technical leadership of medium to large sized technical teams in delivering production solutions
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and security considerations
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Ability to be an effective influencer on technology direction / an effective evangelist
- Helps recruit and groom technology leaders and future leaders
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
View & Apply