Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients. The Vancouver Mining and Metals team is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for someone to help build the group.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Process Engineer
Type of position: Regular
Work location: Vancouver
· Work with a team of skilled engineers, designers and project support staff.
· Manage a variety of cross-discipline teams to ensure cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
· Review and approve process plant material balance, process design criteria, PFD’s, P&ID’s, plant layouts, technical specifications and technical evaluations.
· Prepare capital and operating cost evaluations.
· Liaise with clients on a technical level and present reports, publications and presentations in a professional manner.
· Create and review proposals.
· Train and share experiences with younger engineers.
· Participate in business development and corporate growth.
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours/week
· Honest and trustworthy; adheres to BBA ethics and values
· Possess functional and technical skills and an ability to learn
· Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
· Aptitude for self-development
· Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
· Ability to develop direct reports and others
· Organizational agility
· Excellent consulting, analytical and organisational skills
· Dedicated team player
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
· Registered as a professional engineer
· Over ten years of experience in gold, copper, coal, green energy materials (lithium, graphite, etc.) or base metal operations and/or design
· General areas of expertise include metallurgical test work planning/analysis, crushing, grinding, flotation, hydrometallurgy, water treatment, gravity separation, pressure oxidation, heap leaching, CIL/CIP and electrowinning/refining
· Strong track record of successfully completed projects in the mining industry
· Available for occasional travel to domestic and international destinations
· Enthusiasm and capacity for business development and corporate growth
· Experience with Microsoft Office and process simulation software
· Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written (English, a second language is an asset).
· Significant asset: feasibility study and NI 43-101 experience
· Asset: interested in process control and optimization
· Asset: operations and/or consulting experience
· Asset: demonstrated ability to find innovative solutions to complex metallurgical problems
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.