Business Services provides a full range of class leading information technology and facilities management services to all operating entities of the University, and fit for purpose and efficient Finance, HR and OHS services.
Within Business Services, the Administrative Applications team provides technical stewardship, support and maintenance for all Enterprise and local administrative applications and platforms used by the staff and researchers of the University.
About the role
To maintain and grow its leading position, the University of Melbourne has embarked on a multi-year program ‘OneCRM’ utilising Salesforce as the platform. With year one of the program already completed, over the next two years UoM will continue to fundamentally reshape its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Digital capabilities across the entire University. The program is consolidating many CRM systems and streamlining the processes we use today. This will reduce administrative effort and empower our staff to focus on what is most important; serving our stakeholders.
As Salesforce Developer, you will be an integral part of the program team for the duration of the program and following that will be responsible for ongoing administration, development, maintenance and further roll-outs of the platform.
You will be a certified Salesforce Developer with experience in Salesforce Administration, Customization and Marketing Cloud. You will have a great eye for detail, enjoy interacting with stakeholders and pride yourself on providing outstanding customer service to clients across the organisation.
You will further have * Appropriate tertiary qualification and/or equivalent mix of education/training and relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in enterprise application software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support and a thorough understanding of the SDLC, release management, environment management and configuration management.
- Experience in working on enterprise wide implementation and roll-out of Salesforce/ other CRMs.
- Extensive experience in Salesforce Administration (standard and custom objects, security and access, user/ data/ activity management, reports and dashboards, workflows and process automation), Salesforce Customization (using SOQL, Apex Classes/ triggers/ Visualforce pages, Lightning components) and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience working in dynamic and rapidly changing environment using Agile, DevOps and Quality Assurance practices and methodologies.
– Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
– Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
– The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
– A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to
Advertised: 01 Feb 2021 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Feb 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Melbourne