- Opportunity for Senior Developers open to new challenge in product architecture
- Design cloud-based & on-prem integrated software solutions for large corporates
- Break down highly successful products built on monolith architectures into modern systems.
About the role
This role is responsible for consulting with customers and internal globally dispersed technology teams to create solution designs based on customer business requirements. This is a key opportunity for an architect or lead developer to participate in roadmap-building and execution of a strong long-reaching strategic vision from the ground level.
As a key part in the formation of a customer-driven, innovation team, you will have opportunities to liaise with clients directly and build POCs to win business and start exciting customer-funded projects. This role is based in Melbourne CBD and is full-time and permanent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Consult with and articulate architectural design and patterns to stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Hands-on programming – code Proof of Concepts and implement architectural designs
- Architect new solutions within a public cloud environment
- Collaborate with our product roadmap and business goals to provide input into the overall innovation and technical pipeline
- Work within a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) release train, promotion design and engineering practices through the portfolio.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Recent Architecture experience or a minimum of 5 years as a Lead Developer in an enterprise software environment.
- Hands-on Integration experience.
- Strong experience in Azure tools and services, Cloud architecture, refactoring applications to leverage cloud services, and optimise hosting and running costs of applications
- Experience re-architecting legacy products and monolithic applications into modularised service-based architecture (advantageous). DDD, Event Driven, Microservice architecture design and development experience.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to articulate architectural design and patterns to customers both internal and external.
Highly Desired Experience:
- Frontend UI/UX experience (frameworks such as Angular or similar)
- Data analytics experience (ETL/ELT, Power BI etc)
- Cloud based DevOps (CI/CD) experience.
Tax software is one of the most rapidly growing tech sectors Australia-wide, and our team reflects this fast-evolving landscape – we are a fun and dynamic group. In APAC, the Enterprise Software segment operates like a small, agile business within the wider global enterprise of Wolters Kluwer. Think tax is boring? Not here.
About our values
We are a company that lives and breathes its values: Focus on Customer Success, Make it Better, Aim High & Deliver and Win as a Team. We believe in promoting and developing our people, and provide a suite of benefits to make your life easier both at work and play.
We pride ourselves on our culture, which promotes inclusion, accessibility and flexible working arrangements. You can learn more about what we do by visiting our website:
All Locations: AUS-Melbourne-Bourke Street
View & Apply