Posting Country: United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: 05-Oct-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Vodafone Partner Markets is an extraordinary and exciting growth business with Vodafone’s Group Commercial organization. By joining Vodafone Partner Markets team you’ll have a unique opportunity to be part of the leading global telecoms partnership, working with local operators all over the world to market a range of global products and services that extend our reach into local markets. Currently we have Partners in over 45 countries across five regions: Europe, Americas, Africa, Asia Pacific and Middle East, Russia & CIS. We believe in creating competitive advantage for all Partners on the principle of ‘Great alone, better together’.
The consumer segment is the dominant source of revenue and profit for almost all of Vodafone’s Partner Markets. This role is in the Partner Markets consumer function, which works with Partners to develop their consumer businesses, growing top-line revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction. To achieve this, the Partner Markets consumer team has a broad set of capabilities typical of a Vodafone local market Consumer Business Unit, including segment marketing, customer value management, terminals, brand communications, customer experience, distribution, retail and digital.
This role leads our complex, transformative and high impact programs at our Partners. It ensures that we successfully apply for impact in our engagements Vodafone’s unique value propositions: the knowledge and experience of Partner Markets, Group Commercial Functions and OpCo experts, the blueprints, best practices and shared services of the Vodafone network. The role is accountable for impact delivery, hence leading the engagements not only from process/project management point of view, but predominantly ensuring high quality content/impact delivery.
Building on the success of the engagements and the strong relationship developed with key partner markets experts and C-level stakeholders, this role is also accountable for business development, i.e. identifying incremental initiatives with high value potential for our Partners.
It’s an extremely wide ranging role, which requires both breadth and depth of consumer commercial experience, strategic mindset, ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives, strong collaboration, and pragmatic application of resources, skills and experience.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Delivering high stakes (digital) transformation programs in care, retail, web/APP, CVM, segment marketing/propositions with significant EBITDA and NPS impact.
As part of the impact delivery accountability:
- Negotiate projects, statements of work and value measurement KPIs with Partners, typically at CxO level.
- Secure direct, indirect and 3rd party resources for individual delivery activities.
- Deliver projects to time, cost, EBITDA impact and Partner satisfaction (measured by our proprietary Partner satisfaction metrics).
- The individual will be expected to ensure the engagements are incepted and executed through the partner market framework.
- Owns the relationship with the direct reports of Partner Market CMOs, CBU Directors and CCOs and supports them in driving Consumer revenue in their markets
Building on the successful delivery of programs and the strong C- and D-level relationships, the role is accountable in identifying incremental initiatives with high value potential for our Partners
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Telecoms consumer commercial experience in-market (ideally segment P&L ownership) or as an engagement manager/AP/principal in top-tier management consulting
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident with CXO audiences.
- Strong communicator and story-teller
- Senior stakeholder management skills
- Ability to deliver complex, high impact engagements in a multi-stakeholder environment
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Experience in delivering complex, high impact consumer commercial projects in telecoms
- MBA preferred
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.