Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Régulier
BBA is seeking a dynamic, creative and innovative Senior Mining Engineer, with Project management experience, who can provide high-quality consulting services to our growing base of clients. The successful candidate will support the development of our mining and metals team in the BC region.
Work Schedule: 37.5
Skills and Experience
- Proactive and client-oriented to promote BBA and attract new business to the company
- Prepare scope of services for mining studies
- Extensive open pit or underground technical expertise;
- Must have previously managed multidisciplinary engineering teams, and is familiar with project cost control processes and procurement processes
- Proficient with mine optimization, design and scheduling tools
- Proficient with financial modelling and can navigate multidisciplinary capital cost and operating cost estimation
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Self-reliant and easily adaptable to change
- Passion and aptitude for mentoring, and sharing experiences with other team members
- Creative and innovative in providing solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make quality decisions
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mining or Mineral Processing Engineering (or related discipline)
- Registered P.Eng. in BC
- Minimum 10 years of experience in open pit or underground mining projects
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in project management
- In-depth knowledge of the modern project management methodology
- Efficient time management and decision-making skills
- Familiar with international and public disclosure and reporting codes (CRIRSCO), including NI 43-01, JORC, SAMREC and SME
- Exceptional expertise with planning software, preferably Deswik or MineSight
- Solid familiarity with AutoCAD and proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in establishing budgets, in estimating and in scheduling
- Involvement in selecting mining equipment and in estimating operating and capital costs
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with team members, clients and suppliers
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients in a professional and technical manner
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset (English/French/Spanish)
- Able to travel across Canada and internationally
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
View & Apply