Take a seat on our rocket ship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing SaaS company and are looking for great people to help us build technology that makes a difference in the lives of children and families.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 150 people hailing from offices in Melbourne (HQ), Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG Group, we all share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children’s well-being and growth.
Your impact as a Senior Software Engineer
Our product allows education services to automate administration, streamline their financials and reporting, digitise attendance and bookings, record learning observations, and communicate with parents in real time. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Work with your dedicated team to ensure projects are delivered on time, and to best practice & quality guidelines
- Be an integral, key part of the team by mentoring and sharing your knowledge with your team members
- Guide the design, development and maintenance of applications and web services for use in the Qikkids & Xplor platforms
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle right from concept to delivery as well as post launch support
- Heavily involved in design, testing and code review
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply expertise to many interesting technical problems
- Be a part of a team with a shared goal – disrupting a market through technology and improving the future of education
About This Role
We are looking for someone to eventually take ownership and lead the development and maintenance of the Qikkids platform, which consists of many products and services built on .NET and .NET Core.
Skills you bring to the team
We care more about the values you could add, rather than simply ticking checkboxes. However, some of the criteria we are looking for are.
Capabilities & Experiences
- Able to explain complex programming concepts such as multi-threading, background execution, common architectural and design patterns, etc
- Excellent knowledge in at least one programming language
- Experience working on large and complex software projects
- Excellent independent problem-solving intuitions
- Able to balance the tests vs delivery pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn and to improve
- Able to think beyond just programming, e.g. product, customer and business
- Experience in CI/CD
- Capable of leading engineering efforts
Experience in Tech Stack
- You have a good grasp of OOP fundamentals
- Solid experience with modern .NET and .NET Core using C#
- Experience with modern MVC frameworks
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with unit testing
- Ideally, you have experience with DevOps
What it means to work for us
How many companies can truly claim they are making the world a better place? We are one of a handful who is relentlessly working towards this noble goal. We are here to make education great.
Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- Individual yearly L&D budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn’t agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.