In light of the current situation with COVID-19, Brave Energy Systems remains proactive in ensuring our staff can engage in work that is safe and practical. Pending additional Government updates, processes are in place to ensure that any successful candidate is remotely onboarded effectively into the organisation. Furthermore, due to the fortunate strength of the industry, and the nature of the regulatory-driven projects Brave operates within, the successful candidate will enter into a role that is stable and secure.
We encourage applications from suitable candidates who are able to work remotely.
Brave Energy Systems provides software solutions for the Australian energy market. We are dedicated to simplifying utility interactions by streamlining business processes, improving data management and approaching regulatory change with agility and innovation.
About the role.
Due to growth in the business, a new opportunity exists to join our software development team. As the Senior Software Engineer, working in the Microsoft stack, you will be responsible for:
- Design, development, testing and documentation of our software solutions
- Maintenance and updates of customer legacy systems
- Development of new features to meet customer or regulatory requirements
- Team collaboration and forging strong relationships with key stakeholders such as our customers, internal business analysts and senior managers; and
- Second-tier product support.
To achieve success in this role, we are seeking an experienced team-player who encompasses the following skills and capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Strong web application development using ASP.NET MVC CORE experience
- Strong RESTful service development using ASP.NET CORE experience
- Strong HTML 5, CSS & jQuery experience
- Strong Microsoft Entity Framework experience
- Strong unit test creation (xUnit/MS Test) experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Ability to write clean code; and
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and a drive for results.
- Kendo UI Controls
- Microsoft Azure (SaaS)
- DevOps experience
- Utilities (electricity/gas) software
- Enterprise-level development
- Secure systems development practices
- Multi-tier application development; and
- Ability to think outside-the-box.
If you’re a software developer with a passion for technology, an aptitude for developing robust applications and believe you can make a genuine difference by being in this challenging and rewarding role, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 19 June 2021.
For a confidential discussion about this role please call 03 9575 9001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact us if you are a recruitment or outsourcing agency. Apply Online