We are Wipro (NYSE: WIT), a rapidly expanding and leading global Information Technology, Consulting and Business Process Services company, with over 200,000 employees worldwide, servicing clients in 175+ cities across 6 continents. For more information, please visit www.wipro.com
With over 2,000 employees in Australia, we are committed to increasing localization. We serve over 85 customers across diverse industry segments, with at least a third listed in the 100 ASX. We started our journey in Australia over 15 years ago and this has been a pioneer of new age, disruptive and transformative innovations. We believe in the power of diversity in the workforce, and we encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds, with focus including, but not limited to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, Women in Technology, Sex/Gender diversity, disability, racial & cultural diversity, sexual orientation + others.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will develop software and components which provide a robust functional, interactive and Accessibility foundation for various web applications across Wipro’s client. To be successful in this role you will:
- Work with Digital Systems team to build and maintain React components which will be used across assets in Telstra Digital.
- Be self-accountable for Quality Assurance incl. functional testing, cross-browser testing, and Accessibility testing.
- Ensure that the components are in-line with the those built within Digital Systems team.
- Embrace agile methodologies to deliver software releases in a fortnightly cadence.
- Communication of component releases to web development teams.
- Providing documentation, and ongoing support to the development teams using the delivered software.
- Ensure that development teams are adhering to the usage requirements and that the rendered result is in-line with Digital Systems’ expectations.
- Consider and implement innovative techniques to improve delivery, quality, and automation.
- Embrace experimentation and accept failure as a path to progress
To help us level up, you’ll ideally have:
- 1+ years developing and maintaining reusable component libraries or design systems.
- 5+ years experience in developing great web experiences, including a robust knowledge of web development capabilities, methods and technologies.
- Experience as a lead-developer.
- Agile Scrum experience.
- Experience meeting WCAG Accessibility (A) standards.
- Strong understanding or experience with UX and/or Visual Design specialties.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that’s okay!!! We value a diverse range of backgrounds & ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant IT fields.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and automation tools.
- Experience writing developer centric documentation
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Wipro
- Flexible/remote working culture – location is not a limitation of success at Wipro.
- Global Travel & Relocation opportunities – COVID permitting.
- 1st + 2nd Parent – Paid Parental Leave.
- Excellent Remuneration Package.
- Quarterly bonus/variable pay.
- Quarterly Career Progression Reviews – we do not limited our employees to the usual once per year reviews!
- Novated Lease & Salary Sacrifice.
- Reduced Corporate Healthcare Rates.
- Fringe, Concession + Membership & Subscription Tax Benefits.
- Financial Advisory & Banking Benefits.
- Free Ongoing training and development to help you reach your full potential.
- Collaborative team – positive and empathetic people who love to laugh either through social distancing in the office or virtually from home!
- Team building, fun activities and social events – COVID permitting.
Join us in many countries, see full career opportunities .