Archiact Interactive is a full-service immersive reality studio creating the highest quality content with the industry’s most exciting partners. Located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, we’re changing the world of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) game development. Our most recent titles include the award-nominated PC VR adventure FREEDIVER: Triton Down, and MARVEL Dimension of Heroes, a smartphone-powered Super Hero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR.
At Archiact, diversity is one of our core values developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life.
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities.
You enjoy the creative iterative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Contribute well-structured high-quality code, game enhancements, and features.
- Design and document full vertical slices of the game.
- Collaborate continuously with a team (artists, game designers, and producers) throughout the project life-cycle to deliver high quality games through iteratively building solutions.
- Assist in guiding and mentoring a team of bright engineers to improve the whole technical team and process through inclusive leadership.
- Develop frameworks and libraries that can be used across different VR games.
- Handle and problem solve issues related to various gaming platforms (PC, console, etc.) to ensure the game is fully functional on the desired operating system.
- Support optimization of systems and deal with issues such as bug fixes and systems crashes.
- Work closely with designers to understand and refine design intentions through rapid iteration and prototyping.
- Be a go-to expert and take ownership for key areas of technology.
- Seek opportunities for learning new technologies and systems in order to leverage them in creative ways to be able to meet the Studio’s technical and business needs.
- Provide effort estimates to guide the evolving development plan through assessing project requirements.
- Spearhead the improvement of our engineering practices for better design, testing, and implementation.
- 5+ years of related professional industry experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience as a mentor to other software engineers.
- Must have shipped a commercial console or PC game.
- Experience working on at least one high quality/AAA title on Console or PC.
- Proficient in C++, Blueprints and Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum project management principles and practices
- Strong documentation and tools skills (JIRA, Perforce, Slack, Confluence).
- Working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra and essential 3D mathematics.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience shipping AAA games on multiple platforms.
- Experience working with VR/AR.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
We appreciate all submissions however only successful candidates will be contacted.
View & Apply