Requisition ID: 92276
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Software Engineer is a senior position on the Business Banking Technology team responsible for ideation support, design, development, and implementation of software to ensure continuous improvement and evolution in the Business Banking Technology ecosystem.
Is this role right for you?
- You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- You will gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will create and maintain software documentation
- You will be creating software for Scotiabank Commercial Customers and Scotiabank Employee’s
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused software
- You have deep knowledge and experience with REST API design, Java Spring Boot
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You’ve built accessible and internationalized web applications before (Java, J2EE)
- You have worked with Python
- You have experience working with ETL/Big Data tools (e.g. Talend)
- You have built software for customers and employees
- You stay up to date with industry best practice
- You have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent not just a job so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
View & Apply