located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
Senior Software Engineer (Supply Access and Optimization)
About Supply Access and Optimization
Our group is responsible for managing, growing and optimizing product access to high-quality
programmatic ads supply to effectively, intelligently and safely satisfy demand. We are responsible for handling more than 106 bid requests per second and over 109 per day across multiple data centres.
About your Role
As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding platform. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, participate in shaping our engineering practices and share knowledge. You will also interact on a day-to-day basis with a mix of ML and Data Engineers.
You will be working with experienced, passionate software developers as part of the Supply Access and Optimization group within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
You enjoy building things. You value craftsmanship in software. You enjoy reading code, and you’re probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies. You love collaborating with and mentoring others.
Our tech stack includes a mixture of Erlang, Go, Linux, Concourse, Docker and Kubernetes.
Other things you probably enjoy or would be interested in learning
- system design and architecture
- distributed systems
- operating systems, especially the Linux kernel networking stack
- advanced data structures (succinct, probabilistic, multidimensional, et cetera)
- mechanical sympathy, data-oriented design (performance)
- functional programming
- agile methodologies such as Scrum
As a senior member of the Supply Access and Optimization group, we expect you have an accumulated experience as a systems programmer and:
- Have experience in multiple programming paradigms including functional programming
- Have a solid foundation in systems programming, computer science and software engineering
- Mentor and grow the team through various channels (code review, talks, discussions, etc.)
- Guide the direction of our technology stack to improve performance, scalability and maintainability
- Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of new services
- Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our services, dependencies and kernel usage
- Criticize and improve our development processes and methodologies
- Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies
- Flesh out and iterate on requirements in collaboration with the product team
- Get involved in and participate actively to the Scrum ceremonies
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
- Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
- Access to employee assistance program
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.
Powered by JazzHR