We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys offering guidance, mentorship and direction to their teams.
Index Exchange is an innovative and fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch runs on 6,000+ servers spread across 9 data centres around the globe, handling 60 billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365. It doesn’t get more exciting than this!
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to help the open web thrive and democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s What We Want
- Leaders : You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we’re interested in what you’re looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas – that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patterns and memory optimization
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- C++, Python and Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
- Any other tools or techniques that would make sense for us
We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Working out of our downtown Kitchener office*
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
- Paid vacation,12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
View & Apply