42223 – Mississauga – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Under the general direction of the supervisor, conduct or participate in supporting and coordinating AMI metering and technology matters, as they relate to meeting needs of the Customer, regulatory requirements, and Corporate objectives. Conduct or participate in developing standards, policies and procedures for AMI related processes, monitor performance, and resolve problems in cooperation with field staff and others as required.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to Company personnel, contractors, suppliers and government/regulatory agencies on matters pertaining to metering services for customers, including policies, service initiatives, revenue metering, technical solutions, commissioning, estimating field processes, metering network equipment and support or training. Address technical hardware and software issues for metering related components for servicing distribution customers, distribution standards, equipment/systems development and evaluation and other issues of significance.
- Maintain uniform application of conditions of service, retail meter guide, and other related metering policies and standards, ascertaining the need and assist the supervisor in recommending departures from established policy, participating in tactful settlement of controversial issues and developing and/maintaining services guides/manuals/standards.
- Participate as a member or leader in assigned projects, studies, and research for various aspects of metering related work and technology, including the development into new technologies, and improvements to existing devices or procedures.
- Participate as a member or leader of cross-functional teams involved in service and quality improvement. Identify issues, develop strategies, consult with stakeholders, quantify alternatives, trouble shoot, obtain customer/field input to assist other staff and consultants and formulate recommendations and implement decisions. Prepare reports and respond to customer and field inquiries, as required.
- Perform, under the direction of Supervisor, assigned trouble-shooting work resulting from breakdowns or faulty operation of metering related equipment and identify, locate and correct.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to Hydro One personnel, contractors, suppliers, government/regulatory agencies and others pertaining to metering and technical support.
- Provide assignments to temporarily or permanently assigned staff, with direction and guidance on expected results. Provide periodic progress checks, work along with and identify areas of concern. Provide supervisor with details of staff performance.
- Participate with Supervisor, as assigned, in the development and preparation of designs, proposals, specifications and equipment selection and evaluation pertaining to metering installations and associated test equipment.
- Work with telecom carriers and vendors of AMI meter, network, related transformer products and AMI services regarding the installation of hardware, software and the resolution of problems.
- Keep abreast of existing, new and emerging developments in metering technologies and processes and assess/recommend how they may be applied for overall improvements.
- Collaborate with others, internally and externally to create a coordinated continuous quality improvement approach.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires experience with various aspects of the distribution system and other utility practices to understand methods of supporting and improving quality of services and customer relations related to AMI and metering.
- Requires experience to be familiar with distribution aspects of utility operation including field processes, commissioning, estimating, etc.
- Requires an understanding and experience in distribution standards, particularly the metering retail standards, the Distribution Code, as well as metering related industry safety codes such as Electrical Safety Authority, etc.
- Requires experience in maintaining and updating distribution standards.
- Requires experience to understand SAP billing system operation and work requests.
- Requires experience to understand interrelated activities of other departments and division.
- Requires experience with troubleshooting metering and network equipment, including meter installations, Primary Metering Units, Instrument Transformers, Collectors, Repeaters, and associated field testing equipment.
- Requires experience with training to provide technical support to field staff. A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email . Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 2 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page .
View & Apply