LMI Technologies, recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Workplaces, is a medium-sized technology company built on a culture of openness, respect and professional excellence. At LMI our staff work passionately toward the common goal of designing and delivering innovative 3D machine vision solutions to OEMs and System Integrators working in industrial factory automation around the world. The result of this teamwork is high-performance, easy-to-implement and cost-effective 3D sensor technologies that deliver the best results in even the most challenging 3D inline inspection applications.
What will you do as a Sensor Application Software Engineer?
LMI is seeking an Sensor Application Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join the multi-disciplinary engineering team developing the Gocator application. Engineers in this group are responsible for developing software which will run in an embedded environment and uses a mature, object-oriented C API which abstracts the hardware from the software. Skills in C++ are an asset, as the latest version of the application layer is being developed in C++. This involves the design, development, and testing of software modules used for device control, data processing, and network communication. A successful candidate should be a creative and resourceful individual, capable of working through problems in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
The Gocator application development group is responsible for many different applications which operate in a variety of different environments including ARM+VxWorks, TI, Windows, and Linux. The application is split into an embedded “back end” and a web “front end”, however the back end can run on Windows and Linux as well, so skills in these environments is an asset. 99% of development is done in Windows, and then compiled for various other targets, so the tools needed for development and debugging are uncomplicated – allowing you to focus on the code. This product is mature, and correct operation when installed in customer applications is paramount – a solid foundation of design and test is important.
As mentioned above, you will work in a multidisciplinary, multi-platform, software engineering team that develops the applications that run on LMI’s sensor products. Successful candidates should be professional, resourceful, and can work well autonomously yet still communicate effectively with a close-knit group of about 20 engineers and quality experts. You will report to the Team Lead of one of our Embedded Software Application teams.
- Participate in software development activities including resolving defects, adding new features to the product, code reviews, creating unit tests to support continuous integration and build systems, and generating documentation and wikis to support the team and other groups within LMI..
- Work closely with GUI developers and QA team members. Changes in firmware often involve making changes to our protocol, so documentation and communication are important.
- Drive development activities including collaboration with other LMI software or hardware teams. When limits in the product are stretched, this can be a rewarding opportunity to interact with the many facets of development at LMI.
- Partner with Product Management to flesh out user stories as part of the development process as well as narrow down the requirements, and clarify test strategies with QA.
- Proactively contribute to and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Adhere to LMI Employee Policy Manual.
What do you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Proficiency with C. Experience with C++ is an asset as well
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and design philosophy
- Embedded development and testing experience
- Understanding of concurrency, memory management, and hardware-software interfaces
- TCP/UDP/IP networking experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be accountable for your performance and documentation
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
How to submit your interest?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources team in confidence by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
While we appreciate your interest in LMI very much, we are only able to respond to candidates selected for further consideration. We look forward to talking to you about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Why being inclusive is important to us?
At LMI Technologies, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
If you are interested in working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Powered by JazzHR