DESCRIPTION Interested in building amazon’s mobile backend services for millions of customers with billions of transactions?
About our team – Mobile Growth
Mobile Shopping app is ranked in the top 10 for overall engagement and penetration worldwide in marketplaces including US, UK, India and Japan. The number of app users (iOS and Android) are in the millions and the revenue that the app generates is in the billions.
Although feature building in the app is decentralized to feature owners all around the company, Mobile Growth owns improving the overall customer experience, which includes common elements of the app, app metrics, deferred deeplinking and building end to end experiences in the app to drive engagement. Our team’s vision is to make the Amazon app experience the primary and preferred way for customers to engage with Amazon.
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our team and help build upon one of our teams’ two focus areas:
1. Deeplinking — This is an area where you will help our customers get the best experience when visiting Amazon on their mobile device. From the moment that they click on links from their mail, web pages that they’re surfing on or other notifications, we seamlessly integrate them into the Amazon mobile app where they will get a richer experience while shopping on their device.
2. Push Notifications — For push notifications, you will help with advancing our mechanism to deliver messages and actionable notices to Amazon’s mobile customers to further enhance their shopping experience with us.
The software engineer in this role
- Is expected to bring in strong computer science fundamentals and efficient problem solving
- Is able to solve hard problems with possibly simple solutions. Their code is exemplary in terms of documentation and best practices.
- Works independently and in partnership with other engineers.
- Understands organization architecture. Influences priorities/trade-offs at a sprint level. Applies knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, simplify, etc.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations.
- Attested oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Good understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile development, or an ability to quickly learn
- Familiar with software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#17 – Hootsuite – Building a Culture That Puts People First
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…
View & Apply