DESCRIPTION Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where it came from? If solving complex problems while delighting customers is your passion, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We are part of SCOT Fulfillment Optimization group which ensures our customer orders are delivered on time. In order to delight our customers, we rely on complex software systems which have to scale to meeting Amazon’s growing business needs.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Engineers to join our team and build next generation architecture to support Amazon’s growing customer needs. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, frontend and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures
- Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
- Solid programming skills in and a deep understanding of object oriented design
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- A deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
- Have had impact and influence across multiple teams
- Expertise with data science, machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, computer vision
- Experience designing and implementing information retrieval and web mining systems
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#20 – UBC – The Ability to Learn, Unlearn & Relearn
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…