Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We are seeking a passionate, qualified, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building high quality mission critical software and reusable software libraries to help shape the future of eBooks.
We own the design, architecture, and implementation of a platform to enable reading innovation across file formats and operating systems. Our software supports Kindle customers on all major mobile platforms. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible.
The Software Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of java and C++ software across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
- Responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Creating new feature and performance improvements
- Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
- Understanding the internals of graphics subsystems.
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of software development experience, including C++, Java
- Experience in OOP, C++, device development and performance testing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Embedded Linux experience a plus.
- iOS or Android experience a plus.
- 3+ years of Mobile applications development (Java/C++).
- Any experience with building layout/rendering systems such as Trident or Gecko
- Graphics experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#11 – Flipp – Be Deliberate Yet Flexible With Your Plans
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…
View & Apply