Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. The PERU team is a part of an organization building Amazon recruiting systems, such as Amazon.jobs, Hire, and the systems used by recruiters and interviewers. We create and operate core domain services building the foundations of this architecture, and accelerate the replacement of legacy recruiting systems. This includes permissions and users, candidate information, and recruiting documents.
A day in the life
As a software development engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end.
About the hiring group
PERU (Permissions and Users) Team is a part of CORE (Compensation and Recruiter Experience). Our charter is to modernize both permissions and user domains to better manage access for internal recruiting tools and associated products. What that means is that within an ever changing compliance and security landscape, PERU team owns evaluating and returning permissions for various entities such as jobs, interviews, persons etc. and making decisions on what can be accessed by whom and when. This information is then used by users and engineering systems/tools to make decisions and enable functionality at UI layers. Our team works with latest technologies with Native AWS such as API Gateway, Lamda, SQS messaging, Dynamo DB databases and other server-less concepts.
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development life-cycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the Bedrock team, you will deliver robust feature sets, intuitive designs, back-end services and user interfaces that make it easy for an Amazonian to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
- Work with the team to help drive business decisions
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, compliance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience creating highly-scalable services or applications.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#38 – Aquatic Informatics – Using Tech to Solve Water Issues
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Read on if you want to work in the happiness business on a global scale. AbeBooks.com is an online marketplace for books that spans the world from Amarillo to Zurich. We offer for sale millions of …