Amazon’s Sponsored Products advertising business is one of the fastest growing areas in the company. Have you ever wondered what happens behind that “Sponsored” label you see in search results on Amazon? Hint: it involves a lot of interesting tech delivered by a great team.
The Sponsored Products Marketplace team optimizes the systems and ad placements to match demand with supply using a combination of data-driven product innovation, machine learning, big data analytics, and low latency/high-volume engineering. By the time organic search results are ready, we’ve processed all of the potential ads and determined which ones are going to be shown. We do that billions of times per day, resulting in millions of engagements with products that might otherwise not have been seen by shoppers.
· designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business
· define requirements, create software design, implement code to these specifications
· provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders
Impact and Career Growth:
· Have the opportunity to contribute to state of art machine learning systems
· Opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
We’re looking for customer-obsessed, innovative, professional engineers who can help us take our products to the next level of functionality, quality and performance. We embrace leaders with a startup mentality – those who seek a disruptive yet clear mission and purpose, have an unambiguous owner’s mindset, and are relentlessly obsessed with delivering amazing products. As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for delivering large-scale, operationally robust software running sophisticated machine learning models that allow us to perform optimizations on Sponsored Products advertising campaigns. You’ll own significant products and features from design through launch, and will work with product managers, scientists, UX designers, and other engineers to make your efforts successful.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· 2+ years professional experience in large-scale, data-intensive backend software engineering
· Experience with AWS and data-oriented tools such as ElasticSearch, Spark, ElastiCache, and DyanmoDB
· Experience with statistical modeling, data science and machine learning
· Experience in online advertising domain (particularly, ad targeting and serving)