Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Location: Canada, Waterloo
We believe that no one person, product, or organization can fight cyber-crime alone. It’s why we rebuilt McAfee around the idea of working together. People working together. Products working together. Organizations and industries working together. Our goal is to spread this collaborative attitude to our customers, partners, even competitors. All uniting to overcome the greatest challenge of the digital age-cyber-crime, and making the connected world more secure. McAfee is looking for someone who is defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist , threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
As a Software Development Engineer you will develop consumer security software for Windows PC to be used by millions of people around the world. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Perform the tasks and rituals of an agile development lifecycle.
- Work with team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug and release production quality products.
- Create and use development, test and analysis tool chain to help automate and improve software quality.
- Understand and negotiate trade-offs in software requirements and design.
- Curate and manage telemetry, dataflows and workflow automation to help the business understand and improve business outcomes.
- Perform deep data analysis on big data systems to bring nuanced perspective to a complex user base and product.
- Your background includes 3 + years of experience as a Software Development Engineer with emphasis on product development using OOP, C/C++ and C#.
- Knowledge in data engineering, scripting, Python, SQL and big data is a bonus.
- Experience in software development and delivery in agile teams.
- Experience dealing with high-concurrency environments and the primitives used to manage them.
- Open to learn and use various common code, data and development tools and technologies, like SVN, TFS, git, wikis, Visual Studio, shell scripting, SQL, databases and big data systems.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We’re serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: Canada, Waterloo
View & Apply