Tigerspike Melbourne is looking for a Software Engineer (Android). You’ll work with a group of problem solvers who work collaboratively across Tigerspike projects and client accounts. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
Tigerspike Melbourne is currently remote until we are allowed back in our office, but don’t you worry we still have the same awesome vibe! We’re an inquisitive bunch with a strong feedback culture. We enjoy continuous learning through regular Lunch & Learns, Women in Leadership Workshops, Tech Seshs, with knowledge sharing spanning further than work-related topics. Friday quiz usually ends up bulking up our general knowledge, too! What you will soon realise is that we are like family in the Melbourne office, we catch up over coffee hangouts or virtual bootcamp, we look out and support each other and most of all we like to have fun!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer, but due to current circumstances and the nature of this role, you will have to be an Australian Citizen for us to be able to consider you. You will be required to provide support and services to all of our clients (some of them are Government departments and agencies).
- Take our client’s visions from concept to release in as little as a few months and often work together to evolve products for years
- Drive development forward and be able to translate business requirements into pragmatic solutions
- Gain experience with industries that range from, Banking, Government, NGOs, Telecommunications, Aviation, FMCG, Retail and have the opportunity to nurture products and see them through to completion and into maintenance
- As a Software Engineer Android, you write clean, reusable, maintainable, and readable code Focus on our projects that are native mobile apps and web apps, but that doesn’t stop us from experimenting with wearables, VR/AR and IoT devices
- Work on different and exciting projects over time
- 3+ years of experience in Android development, using Java and Kotlin, you also have an interest in the dark side: iOS
- A solid history of always improving your knowledge and skills and improving processes for your organisation
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Google’s App Submission process
- The passion to work in a client-facing role
- The ability to write code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Experience securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Knowledge of AGILE – SCRUM or Kanban
- Commercial experience in Continuous Integration and writing highly testable code, simplifying Unit Test
- Bonus – Experience with another platform (e.g. iOS, C#.Net or AWS)
- Bonus – Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
- Bonus – Experience with React Native and/or React JS
- Our Benefits: Flexible work hours and work from home policy
- 20 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) increasing to 25 days’ holiday each year after your 2nd work anniversary and 30 days after 5 years!
- 2 Duvet Days per year – that’s for when the day would be better spent at the beach or in bed
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes, yoga, pottery or even attending a beer tasting course
- Free Bootcamp classes weekly/lunch sport activities
- Parental benefits that exceed statutory requirements
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (London, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York, Wroclaw)
- Free lunch and drinks on Fridays
Tigerspike is a digital services company, established in 2003, that solves complex problems by creating digital products, providing consultative services and helping businesses to define their digital strategy. We have been improving people’s lives through technology for over 16 years by blending technology with human expertise to drive measurable business outcomes for our customers and to create digital experiences that people love to use.
Part of the Concentrix family since 2017, we’re proud partners with Apple, SAP, AWS as well as being a Google Certified Developer Agency Partner. We have a strong team of more than 300 Tigerspikers, in 10 locations around the world, that believe in collaboration in an Agile environment – where our designers and engineers work side by side to create beautiful, functional, and valuable digital products that solve important problems.
Our approach to research and flexibility has awarded us a reputation for innovation with repeat customers such as: Transport for New South Wales and Public Transport Victoria, 7 Eleven, NSW Department of Communities and Justice, Graincorp, M1 Telecommunications and Singapore Airlines just to name a few. Our people are our culture and a huge part of what makes us unique. We recruit people that embody Tigerspike’s culture and values and create small project teams, resulting in great chemistry between our teams and our customers that can solve even the toughest business problems.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.*
So what happens next?
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll give it as much attention as it deserves and you’ll hear from us either way. If we think you could be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there you’ll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies
Tigerspike does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tigerspike employees or any other organisation location. Tigerspike is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Powered by JazzHR