Requisition ID: 95154
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Global Wholesale & Risk Technology team that serves the Global Banking and Markets business is looking for an Advisory Programmer Analyst who can hit the ground running.
The platform will leverage cutting edge technologies. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Accountable for assigned delivery, including but not limited to the unit testing, deployments via DevOps tool sets, support to the team and users.
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet set deliverables.
- Participate in daily agile scrums and contribute to the agile sprints.
- Show initiative to prepare and document artefacts that is important to the team.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- 5+ years of deep knowledge of Kafka, ELK stack, and Nifi.
- Hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka and related technologies.
- Provide expertise and hands on experience in transforming data and streaming processing in Kafka.
- Provide expertise and hands on experience in publishing/producing and consuming messages to/from Kafka.
- Provide expertise in working with the Kafka environments such as brokers, zookeepers, topics, partitions, etc.
- Apply Kafka best practices in terms of ensuring high performance, scalability, maintenance, and stability.
- Strong background working with FIX protocol.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment and scripting.
- Strong knowledge of relational (Oracle, MSSQL) and non-relational databases
- Provide guidance for troubleshooting Kafka issues for development and support teams.
- Develop monitoring strategies and solutions that use Kafka to support implementation.
- Need to be able to multitask and work on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficient with SCM, Build and CI/CD tools such as Git/Github/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins/Cloudbees
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking is expected
- Ability to break down technical information and disseminating it to senior non-technical management
- Strong understanding of development best practices, TDD, test automation, and code quality
- Proficiency to develop robust, testable code
Nice to have
- UI/ UX experience using responsive web design
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate for designing, developing, integrating, securing RESTful web services using JSON
- Micro services architecture and design patterns, including event based micro service deployments
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of capital markets and trade life cycle
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
View & Apply