Job #: 1100653
Software Engineer, Frostbite Schematics – C++/C#??
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software Engineer, Frostbite Schematics – C++/C#
The client is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is the client’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across the company to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry with deep player experiences.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a Software Engineer on Frostbite, you will develop cutting edge tools and runtime technologies for game developers across the company worldwide. The Schematics team within Frostbite are responsible for the data-driven visual scripting engine that allows game creators the flexibility to craft any kind of gameplay experience. You will tackle game engine challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have a real impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players. You will help grow the team and mentor junior members, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward while having fun.
- Create and improve workflows and data builds for complex gameplay systems
- Design and implement systems used by thousands of game developers across the company
- Collaborate closely with game teams to enable creative workflows and maximize in-game performance
- Refine usability, stability, and tool performance to power our users to create stunning games
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- 4+ years working experience in C++ and/or C#
- Passion for solving hard problems with great people
- Ability to dive into large, complex software and be productive
- Experience collaborating with large multi-domain teams
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience with visual scripting languages
- Experience developing gameplay systems
- Passion for video games
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 844-463-6178.