Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow’s platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and aggressively broaden the Snow Commander platform capabilities into additional leading-edge cloud computing technology areas and are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer / Full Stack Java Developer to join our development team in Ottawa.
Why would you want to join our team?:
- You’ll build high-impact, customer-facing features in our award-winning cloud management platform.
- Build a platform that enables our customers to gain deep insight and solve complex automation problems in modern hybrid computing technologies – AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, and SCVMM.
- We believe that work/life balance is key to maximizing productivity.
- Our culture encourages interaction, teamwork, and learning.
- Work in teams and individually to implement product functionality – design, code, unit test, integration tests
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition
- Contribute to system architecture design
- Find simple ways to solve complex problems that provide high customer value
As the successful candidate, you will be a full stack Java Developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience. You keep the customer in mind and want the functionality you implement to be adopted by and to delight the end user.
- Experience building modern Java-based web applications
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience with some of the following would definitely be an asset:
- Application technology: Spring, Hibernate, Angular, PrimeFaces
- Data modelling and DB query optimization
- RESTful web services
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A great balance of confidence and humility
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.