To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Slack is looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to build our next generation of audio / video communication and collaboration features. The focus is building new product capabilities that make Slack feel like the essential digital replacement for the physical office as the world rapidly moves to (hybrid) remote work. This is the biggest opportunity to invent the future of work since we first launched Slack. In this role youll be working with a very talented team of engineers, designers and product owners to make this happen.
The jobs are clear for the unbundled physical office: ad hoc collaboration, alignment, serendipitous connections, and ambient awareness. These are the jobs Slack is poised to become essential for, since Slack already brings together everyone you work with into channels for every team, project, event, and customer.
Thats where you hopefully come in! Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culturewe look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. Let us know if this sounds like a good fit for you.
Sr. Software Engineer, FrontendWhat you will be doing
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product owners to build real time communication features
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Assist our skilled team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
What you should have
- 1+ years of practical experience building WebRTC media streaming applications
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Working with Electron applications
- Integrating WebRTC in Electron or native applications
- Experience with the AWS Chime SDK
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.