Tigerspike Brisbane is looking for a Software Engineer (React Native). You’ll work with a group of problem solvers who work collaboratively across Tigerspike projects and client accounts. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
Tigerspike in Brisbane is our newest office. We opened in 2019 and since then our team has experienced exceptional growth off the back of some amazing work done around new business, project delivery, and client innovation. So far we’ve been working on a large project with frontline government services, providing key services that are fundamental to the safety and wellbeing of citizens. We love what we do in an informal, yet high energy office. We have supported each other through the challenges of a growing office and also managed to maintain our team spirit and culture throughout the changes. Also, we’re super: we love superheroes, super fun lunchtime sports, super long Friday lunches, and super yummy homemade cupcakes.
- Write clean, reusable, maintainable, and readable code
- Be a part of the conversation from the start, involved in the full lifecycle of projects
- Drive development forward and translate requirements into pragmatic solutions
- Work with UX & UI designers, researchers, and other engineers (web and mobile), you can flex your technical chops to help shape, design, and build digital products that help solve important business needs
- Are a great listener and you communicate clearly
- At least 4 years’ experience as either a JavasScript or mobile app developer, ideally with 2 or more of those years working in React Native iOS/Android
- An understanding of architectural principles and design patterns, including the trade-offs for each
- Experience writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions, and common design patterns
- Commercial experience in Continuous Integration and writing testable code
- Experience in a cross-functional, AGILE development environment – SCRUM and Kanban
- A history of always improving your knowledge and skill
- The passion to work in a client-facing role
- Bonus – Proficiency with front-end frameworks: React.js, Vue.js, or Angular
- Bonus – Experience on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Flexible work hours and work from home policy
- 20 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) increasing to 25 days’ holiday each year after your 2nd work anniversary and 30 days after 5 years!
- 2 Duvet Days per year – that’s for when the day would be better spent at the beach or in bed
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes, yoga, pottery, or even attending a beer tasting course
- Free Bootcamp classes weekly/lunch sport activities
- Parental benefits that exceed statutory requirements
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (London, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York, Wroclaw)
- Free lunch and drinks on Fridays
Tigerspike is a digital services company, established in 2003, that solves complex problems by creating digital products, providing consultative services and helping businesses to define their digital strategy. We have been improving people’s lives through technology for over 16 years by blending technology with human expertise to drive measurable business outcomes for our customers and to create digital experiences that people love to use.
Part of the Concentrix family since 2017, we’re proud partners with Apple, SAP, AWS as well as being a Google Certified Developer Agency Partner. We have a strong team of more than 300 Tigerspikers, in 8 locations around the world, that believe in collaboration in an Agile environment – where our designers and engineers work side by side to create beautiful, functional, and valuable digital products that solve important problems.
Our approach to research and flexibility has awarded us a reputation for innovation with repeat customers such as: Transport for New South Wales and Public Transport Victoria, 7 Eleven, NSW Department of Communities and Justice, Graincorp, M1 Telecommunications and Singapore Airlines just to name a few. Our people are our culture and a huge part of what makes us unique. We recruit people that embody Tigerspike’s culture and values and create small project teams, resulting in great chemistry between our teams and our customers that can solve even the toughest business problems.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.*
So what happens next?
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll give it as much attention as it deserves and you’ll hear from us either way. If we think you could be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there you’ll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies
Tigerspike does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tigerspike employees or any other organisation location. Tigerspike is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Powered by JazzHR