Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 147,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world’s largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at .
The software Engineer- Saas Data Interfaces will create and support the data interfaces between our customers and our hosted cloud-based applications. This will include building and maintaining utilities to support these interfaces, by gathering customer requirements, designing, coding, testing and creating documentation. They will also take the lead with new projects, seeing them to completion.
- Development Environment: IIS, SQL Server, Subversion, TFS
- Solid understanding of object oriented design
- Minimum 4 years proven software development
- PostgreSQL, and Linux based development/work experience is a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and systems
- High standard of customer service and quality
- Communicate well with others in a collaborative technology team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (degree in Computer Science or other engineering/scientific field preferred)
- Independently motivated and proactive outlook to anticipate and plan for future opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Focus on task completion and deadlines
- This position is home-based, working over the web through VPN
This is a remote opportunity, open to citizens or permanent residents of Canada or the US.
Due to COVID-19 we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video(Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our , , . Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
View & Apply