Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also happen to have a great sense of humor
- You’ll be challenged and given to opportunity to solve difficult problems that will make a difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan, and warm cookies on Wednesdays
- You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a smaller company, joining in on the ground floor of NetMotion’s most exciting new office
27 Jan 2021
28 Mar 2021
How to apply:
Apply directly via the “Apply Now” button!
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our Victoria office team! We are looking for somebody with a Computer Science or STEM background, who is seeking a challenging experience to apply what they have learned in their upper-level courses, such as math, operating systems, networking, or software engineering and teamwork skills to ensure we deliver high quality product and customer satisfaction. We want you to have a minimum 5 years software testing experience. We practice agile and promote sound software engineering practices – you are sure to learn a lot that will help you in your future career!
- Create and maintain effective test plan and scenarios for assigned features.
- Collaborate with Scrum team: product owner, developers, test teams to make sure user stories, tasks are well defined, and required test scenarios are covered for product release.
- Run manual and automated tests on client/server VPN application within a cloud environment.
- Test client-server applications running over wired and wireless networks on Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS platforms within an Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
- Communicate test result, test status, issues found and fix verification effectively.
- Identify manual tests that can be automated to improve test efficiency.
- Develop or improve or fix test tools.
- STEM B.S degree, Computer science or software degree preferred.
- Two or more years software testing experience on client/server product
- Two or more years software testing experience on mobile devices preferred: Android, iOS.
- Two or more years software testing experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience in setting up test environments with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking and troubleshooting experience in Windows and/ or Linux.
- Experience with Wireshark and/or NetMon
- Experience creating test automation and/or scripting with Python, Selenium and C#
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Passionate, self-motivated with good communication skill and ability to work independently balanced with being a collaborative team player.
- Attention to details, with strong analytical skills.
- Advocating for product quality
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with MDM’s
- Big data software testing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of backend cellular technologies and RF engineering
- Working second language: Japanese, French, Italian, or German is a plus
View & Apply