We are looking for a Sr. Principal Software Development Engineer to join a team building the next generation of a growing healthcare platform. Our team is looking to add members that take ownership, delivering stable feature functionality, our community requires. We’re looking for you if you’re comfortable working in a collaborative environment where everyone takes responsibility for success in every aspect of our product’s delivery.
You’ll have a passion for the highest quality results, continuously looking to improve outcomes by enhancing processes and highlighting opportunities. You’ll work in collaboration with minimal supervision, adopting the Agile process to prioritize, pick up, and complete work. You’ll share ideas and team up to deliver new and creative ways to solve problems.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Own the full technology stack, and drive the technical direction for our systems, technology, and architecture
- Work with key stakeholders in engineering, product management, and executive teams to define the roadmap, strategy, and requirements; manage, mentor, and lead a team of highly skilled principal engineers and managers to envision and deliver our roadmap
- Make technical recommendations across the business and use your past experiences to make key decisions that will have an immediate and long-term impact
- Conduct new technology research, and lead cross-functional development of new technology from design to deployment
- Be a coach and mentor to engineers of all experience levels
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer leading teams building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- 10+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#, including design patterns
- Be the subject matter expert across three or more areas: Cloud Computing, Application Security, High Scalability, Big Data/ML, Medical Imagining.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Demonstrated track-record of self-directed execution taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Expert knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment but be execution focused on defining and then realizing the roadmap
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
View & Apply